Why is it so important to make sure our gut is healthy?
Our gut is home to 100 trillion microorganisms or microbes. That is more than 10x the cells we have in our entire body! These gut bacteria—both good and bad—play a crucial role in ones health.
If we want to live a long, healthy, disease-free life it is imperative that we get our gut health in check.
Did you know that at least 75% of our immune system is in our gut?
Hippocrates said, “All disease begins in the gut,” over 2000 years ago but this is really coming to the forefront right now. Research over the last couple decades has not only revealed that gut health is critical to overall heath and vitality, but an unhealthy gut contributes to many health conditions and diseases including diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, obesity, Alzheimer’s and cancer.
Signs of a healthy gut:
- Increased energy levels
- A strong, healthy immune system
- Improved mood
- Healthy joints, muscles and skin
- Better digestion without frequent gas and bloating
What are some ways to keep your gut healthy?
- Remove refined carbohydrates, sugars and industrial seed oils (corn, cottonseed, safflower, soybean) from your diet
- Add probiotic rich foods such as kefir, yogurt (organic & unsweetened), sauerkraut and kimchi to your diet and/or take a high quality probiotic
- Eat fermentable fibers such as sweet potato, yam and yucca
- Drinking hot water with lemon in the morning can allow for better elimination
- Work on managing stress
With love and good GUT health,
P.S. Please keep in mind that not all the foods listed above are good for each and everyone of us depending on certain health issues and sensitivities. Please schedule your Confidently Cancer-Free Breakthrough Session if you’d like to discuss your individual health concerns
P.P.S. Would love to hear from you. Please join the conversation below!